Definition of endplay in English:
A way of playing the last few tricks that forces an opponent to make a disadvantageous lead.
- Here you can learn about card passing technique, spade and heart suit management, how to make and defend against slams, strip plays and advanced endplays.
- Indeed he had the hoped-for cards for the endplay to work.
verb[with object] Back to top
Force (an opponent) to make an endplay.
- If he plays four of hearts, West is endplayed to give one trick to him.
- When you won the spade king, you were endplayed in three suits.
Definition of endplay in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.