Definition of endurance in English:
1The fact or power of enduring an unpleasant or difficult process or situation without giving way: she was close to the limit of her endurance
More example sentences
- The rally will be a real test of endurance, stamina and navigational skills.
- For a man like him, Antarctica represents the ultimate endurance test.
- A Swindon doctor and marathon runner looks set to finish the ultimate endurance test in the Sahara Desert.
1.1The capacity of something to last or to withstand wear and tear.
- The commonly traveled path to improved cardiovascular function and increased muscular endurance is continuous, submaximal, steady state training.
- And to the greatest race of all time, were the endurance of the machine is as important as the skill of the driver.
- We're still improving a lot but we have a long way to go with the endurance of the tyre.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan