Definition of engineer in English:
- This is important to the engineers who design and build products, because it gives them a tool to determine what the future costs will be.
- This guy is an engineer who designs and builds humanoid robots that are capable of standing and walking on their own, not just some guy who tinkers in his garage.
- In the early days of television, the engineers who designed and built TV picture tubes faced technical problems that caused them to make some compromises.
- Basso is qualified as an aeronautical engineer, having worked in the United States for NASA near Washington.
- Richie Hindle is a professional software engineer in the UK.
- He is a registered professional engineer in New Hampshire.
- New rules on alcohol have brought air traffic controllers and aircraft engineers into line with pilots although it remains up to individual employers how levels are checked.
- Each of the frigate's flights consists of two pilots, an observer and an aircrewman, plus nine engineers and an aircraft controller.
- Rocket and aircraft engineers have been testing their hardware in computer loop simulations for years.
- He is credited as the engineer of this merger, which has created the world's biggest global financial services organization.
- He was the engineer of this change.
- The social engineers in charge of government policy seem to think so.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Design professionals can contribute to the conservation of materials by designing and engineering structures so they can be more easily taken apart in the future.
- The extended version is designed, engineered and built by the same company.
- Similarly, the Ford Territory is designed, engineered and built in Melbourne.
- Grant, who worked as a director with United Biscuits before engineering a management buy-out of Mackay's in 1995, is clear about what he is doing.
- Brenda hadn't ceased to plot, plan and engineer his defeat, regardless if he was the only capable negotiator dedicated to the union's position.
- That has produced a consensus view that China was successfully engineering a managed slowdown.
- Many plants and animals are engineered to express human genetic information.
- In order to get patents, it has to be proved that genetically engineered species are completely new, novel, and alien organisms.
- Genetically engineered plants are now grown on more than 100,000 acres.
Middle English (denoting a designer and constructor of fortifications and weapons; formerly also as ingineer): in early use from Old French engigneor, from medieval Latin ingeniator, from ingeniare 'contrive, devise', from Latin ingenium (see engine); in later use from French ingénieur or Italian ingegnere, also based on Latin ingenium, with the ending influenced by -eer.
Words that rhyme with engineeradhere, Agadir, Anglosphere, appear, arrear, auctioneer, austere, balladeer, bandolier, Bashkir, beer, besmear, bier, blear, bombardier, brigadier, buccaneer, cameleer, career, cashier, cavalier, chandelier, charioteer, cheer, chevalier, chiffonier, clavier, clear, Coetzee, cohere, commandeer, conventioneer, Cordelier, corsetière, Crimea, dear, deer, diarrhoea (US diarrhea), domineer, Dorothea, drear, ear, electioneer, emir, endear, fear, fleer, Freer, fusilier, gadgeteer, Galatea, gazetteer, gear, gondolier, gonorrhoea (US gonorrhea), Greer, grenadier, hand-rear, hear, here, Hosea, idea, interfere, Izmir, jeer, Judaea, Kashmir, Keir, kir, Korea, Lear, leer, Maria, marketeer, Medea, Meir, Melilla, mere, Mia, Mir, mishear, mountaineer, muleteer, musketeer, mutineer, near, orienteer, pamphleteer, panacea, paneer, peer, persevere, pier, Pierre, pioneer, pistoleer, privateer, profiteer, puppeteer, racketeer, ratafia, rear, revere, rhea, rocketeer, Sapir, scrutineer, sear, seer, sere, severe, Shamir, shear, sheer, sincere, smear, sneer, sonneteer, souvenir, spear, sphere, steer, stere, summiteer, Tangier, tear, tier, Trier, Tyr, veer, veneer, Vere, Vermeer, vizier, volunteer, Wear, weir, we're, year, Zaïre
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.