Definition of enormous in English:
Very large in size, quantity, or extent: her enormous blue eyes the possibilities are enormous
More example sentences
- Children have been able to get a real feel for the enormous size of some of the creatures that live in the sea.
- It is costing an enormous amount of money to clean it up, which could be used on other things.
- We did manage to get an enormous amount of work done.
huge, vast, immense, gigantic, very big, great, giant, massive, colossal, mammoth, tremendous, mighty, monumental, epic, prodigious, mountainous, king-size(d), economy-size(d), titanic, towering, elephantine, gargantuan, Brobdingnagian
- Example sentences
- The shark battled for 40 minutes before the angler saw its enormousness.
- I'm Margaret… thinking, like you, about the enormousness of the task…
- She hadn't realized the enormousness of her responsibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia