- The political union of Cyprus and Greece, as an aim or ideal of certain Greeks and Cypriots.More example sentences
- Cyprus's Greek community has long desired enosis, political union of Cyprus with Greece, for a long time.
- Turkish troops seized the northern part of Cyprus in 1974 in response to an Athens-engineered military coup aimed at enosis.
- Nearly 80 percent of the population, who were ethnically Greek, wanted enosis.
1920s: from modern Greek henōsis, from hena 'one'.
More definitions of enosisDefinition of enosis in:
- The British & World English dictionary