- Issue or accept a challenge.More example sentences
- So she entered the lists to fight for the man she loved.
- As Dan departed the Cheltenham stage that he had graced for so long, his son Arthur entered the lists.
- It might seem foolhardy of Hough to enter the lists in such over-recorded repertoire, but the British pianist is a special kind of virtuoso, presenting, in these live tapings, a particular point of view.
More definitions of enter the listsDefinition of enter the lists in:
- The British & World English dictionary