- Any of a group of RNA viruses (including those causing polio and hepatitis A) that typically occur in the gastrointestinal tract, sometimes spreading to the central nervous system or other parts of the body.More example sentences
- The most common causes of viral meningitis are enteroviruses, herpes simplex virus, and HIV.
- When the cause is either an enterovirus or herpes simplex virus, the throat may show tiny blistered or ulcerated areas, and this sometimes helps your child's doctor in making a diagnosis.
- Parainfluenza virus, enterovirus, and rhinovirus infections most commonly occur in the fall.
More definitions of enterovirusDefinition of enterovirus in:
- The British & World English dictionary