- An impoverished area in which incentives such as tax concessions are offered to encourage business investment and provide jobs for the residents.More example sentences
- This area was declared an enterprise zone; generous tax breaks were offered and planning controls relaxed to induce businesses to relocate.
- ‘An alternative would be to name the entire stricken area an enterprise zone for some period of time, which would offer both tax incentives and regulatory waivers to stimulate investment,’ the editorial declared.
- Also, one could argue that the state had already practiced economic affirmative action by declaring the area a state enterprise zone.
More definitions of enterprise zoneDefinition of enterprise zone in:
- The British & World English dictionary