Having or showing intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval: the promoter was enthusiastic about the concert venue
More example sentences
- Back then the rallies were big and the support was energetic and enthusiastic.
- Finally you will be surrounded by enthusiastic people eager to grow in faith.
- All were extremely enthusiastic, and eager for everyone on the course to do well.
early 17th century: from Greek enthousiastikos, from enthous 'possessed by a god' (see enthusiasm).
- More example sentences
- The staff worked hard and enthusiastically to give pupils the best start in life that they could.
- Last time they came they were enthusiastically received and this visit is eagerly awaited.
- Some were surprised to hear him enthusiastically espouse the private sector and contestability at the launch.