- A soil of an order comprising mineral soils that have not yet differentiated into distinct horizons.More example sentences
- These palaeosols would be classified as entisols and inceptisols using modern soil taxonomy nomenclature, soils typical of very immature fluvial exposure surfaces.
- In this paper, nearly 700 in situ fossil trees are described from 13 entisol or inceptisol horizons.
- Significantly, palaeosols that bear the larger more widely spaced trees are generally slightly more mature than those that bear smaller and more densely distributed trees (entisols).
More definitions of entisolDefinition of entisol in:
- The British & World English dictionary