- The practice of eating insects, especially by people.More example sentences
- He says entomophagy is a more environmentally friendly practice.
- To be sure, many Eastern and African cultures practice entomophagy - some bugs are even considered delicacies - but for the most part, creepy crawlies are off the dinner plate.
- Older students are learning about entomophagy too.
- More example sentences
- And while the cleanliness of bugs may seem to be an issue for some prospective entomophagists, palatable arthropods like crab and lobster live off debris and waste at the bottom of the ocean - most edible bugs munch only on plants.
More definitions of entomophagyDefinition of entomophagy in:
- The British & World English dictionary