Definition of entrails in English:
1A person or animal’s intestines or internal organs, especially when removed or exposed.
- Divination was accomplished by ‘reading’ the appearance and arrangement of the entrails of newly sacrificed animals such as chickens and sheep.
- All of them are relatively large parcels of offal mixed with cereal and enclosed in some suitable wrapping from an animal's entrails, usually the stomach.
- A large gash across the old male's abdomen glistened, his entrails exposed to the sun.
1.1The innermost parts of something: digging copper out of the entrails of the earth
More example sentences
- To my horror, Tulsi Pipe Road was now shamefully dug up, its bowels exposed and the entrails left lying on one side for the world to see.
- They descend, director and characters together, into the anal entrails and Sadean viscera of war.
- The dungeon is more like a catacomb, linking a series of tableaux that expose the grisliest entrails of York's history.