- A vertical jump during which the dancer repeatedly crosses the feet and beats them together.More example sentences
- On a set of constantly shifting black and white panels (think fine lace), the eight dancers make use of a frenzied vocabulary, whether in quicksilver entrechats, whiplash pirouetting, or angst-ridden arm gestures.
- Renowned for her pirouettes and entrechats huit, she made guest appearances in London and Dublin.
- Frankly, I ain't built for glissades, arabesques, entrechats or mincing around en pointe.
French, from Italian (capriola) intrecciata 'complicated (caper)'.
More definitions of entrechatDefinition of entrechat in:
- The British & World English dictionary