- A person employed in taking a census of the population.More example sentences
- For example, in 1881 those whom the census enumerators clearly identified as being employed by the railway companies in east Kent numbered a total of 1,814.
- The 1,000 enumerators recruited to collect census data across North Yorkshire in April will be asked to avoid going on to farmland with livestock.
- Unlike previous censuses, enumerators do not have to go into people's homes to go through filled-in forms.
More definitions of enumeratorDefinition of enumerator in:
- The British & World English dictionary