Definition of eosinophilic in English:
1 Physiology (Of a cell or its contents) readily stained by eosin.
- These ducts were lined either by cylindrical eosinophilic cells or by clear mucinous cells.
- The nuclei were surrounded by a rim of deeply eosinophilic cytoplasm.
- There was a moderate amount of lightly eosinophilic cytoplasm, and cytoplasmic borders were ill-defined.
2 Medicine Relating to or marked by eosinophilia.
- The radiologic differential diagnosis included eosinophilic granuloma, hemangioma, and epidermoid tumor.
- The walls of digestive organs swelled and food became stalled in the stomach; both of these findings are characteristic of human eosinophilic gastrointestinal inflammation.
- In our view this provides further evidence that eosinophilic airway inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness are not causally associated.
Definition of eosinophilic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia