adjectiveAnatomy & Zoology
- Situated on the dorsal side of an axis: epaxial musclesMore example sentences
- If a salamander is to swim straight, the action of these muscle fibers must be balanced by muscle fibers dorsal to the vertebral centra, presumably in the epaxial musculature.
- All of this head motion must be executed by epaxial musculature if the pectoral girdle is reduced or lost, which requires a strong anchor and lever for force transmission.
- To the best of my knowledge, this tendon insertional pattern represents a unique morphological construct for cetaceans, mammals that lack connections between epaxial muscles and pelves.
More definitions of epaxialDefinition of epaxial in:
- The British & World English dictionary