- A crystalline alkaloid drug obtained from some ephedras. It causes constriction of the blood vessels and widening of the bronchial passages and is used to relieve asthma and hay fever.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: 1-phenyl-2-methylaminopropanol; chemical formula: C10H15NO
- He studied the tissue distribution and metabolism of caffeine, amphetamines, ephedrine, and narcotic drugs.
- A 43 year old general practitioner had had juvenile asthma requiring regular ephedrine.
- If the medicines aspirin, ephedrine, and morphine were once botanicals, how did they get to be tested and marketed as drugs?
More definitions of ephedrineDefinition of ephedrine in:
- The British & World English dictionary