- (In ancient Israel) a sleeveless garment worn by Jewish priests.More example sentences
- Samuel is portrayed as an excellent servant who ‘was ministering before the Lord, a boy wearing a linen ephod’.
- Like the jewels in the ephod and the breastplate, we are precious in the eyes of God the Father and of God the Son.
- And Doeg the Edomite turned, and he fell upon the priests, and slew on that day fourscore and five persons that did wear a linen ephod.
late Middle English: from Hebrew ῾ēp̱ōḏ.
More definitions of ephodDefinition of ephod in:
- The British & World English dictionary