Definition of epicardium in English:
A serous membrane that forms the innermost layer of the pericardium and the outer surface of the heart.
- Reference to the pericardium, epicardium, myocardium, endocardium and valves, chordae, ventricular thicknesses, and aorta and major vessels may be included.
- Affected regions are characterized by a lacelike pattern of adipose infiltration, progressing from epicardium toward the endocardium, and by interposed streams of normal or slightly atrophie myocytes.
- It has been known that muscle fibers in a heart are arranged in such a way that their orientation changes continuously from endocardium to epicardium of the free wall.
- Example sentences
- Coronary spasm, which results from an increased vasomotor tone of epicardial coronary arteries, can produce myocardial ischemia.
- Based on the CT scans, a scoring system for coronary artery calcification involving the four major epicardial coronary arteries was determined.
- There were multiple irregular, sharply demarcated, rubbery, pale yellow plaques and nodules scattered throughout the pericardium and on the epicardial surface.
Definition of epicardium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan