- Denoting those areas of sea or ocean overlying the continental shelf.More example sentences
- This led, in combination with lower surface-water densities, to a drastic reduction of deep-water formation in low-latitudinal epicontinental areas when a threshold value was reached.
- This was accompanied by a substantial shrinking of habitable marine shelf area and draining of much of the epicontinental seas.
- Application of this model to the Maritimes Basin implies that this Westphalian epicontinental sea was connected to the Tethys Ocean by similarly narrow straits.
More definitions of epicontinentalDefinition of epicontinental in:
- The British & World English dictionary