- The region of an embryo or seedling stem above the cotyledon.More example sentences
- These enzymes have also been detected in a wide range of plant organs and tissues undergoing developmental changes such as seeds, cotyledons, elongating epicotyls, and in freshly harvested asparagus spears.
- However, in coleoptiles, hypocotyls and epicotyls, gravity can be perceived along the whole length of the responding region and there is no such need to postulate any longitudinal transfer of a message.
- At this stage, both the cotyledons and epicotyls (if visible) were green.
More definitions of epicotylDefinition of epicotyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary