adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
- On or around the dura mater, in particular (of an anesthetic) introduced into the space around the dura mater of the spinal cord.More example sentences
- They can also be given in the epidural space in the spinal column where nerves exit.
- They can also be given through an epidural catheter (a thin tube).
- The neurologist who examined her found and drained an epidural abscess from the lumbar region.
nounBack to top
- An epidural anesthetic, used especially in childbirth to produce loss of sensation below the waist.More example sentences
- Anaesthetists routinely provide epidurals for both vaginal and caesarean deliveries.
- Most hospitals use IV medicines or epidurals for pain relief.
- Little attention has been paid to other obstetric interventions such as epidurals, episiotomies, and instrumental births
More definitions of epiduralDefinition of epidural in:
- The British & World English dictionary