Definition of epimer in English:
Each of two isomers with different configurations of atoms around one of several asymmetric carbon atoms present.
- However, it has not been unraveled why so many different BChI homologs and epimers exist in chlorosomes and how they arrange themselves to form light-harvesting antennas.
- Yet, fungi could probably utilize the glucuronic acid residue in glucuronides as a carbon source because they can metabolize galacturonic acid, an epimer of glucuronic acid.
- To our knowledge, this is the first example of two highly homologous enzymes belonging to the same gene family, and catalyzing the formation of two distinct epimers from a same substrate.
- Example sentences
- X-ray crystallographic studies revealed that the KP - 23 molecule crystallizes in epimeric form in the triclinic P1 space group and possesses four chiral centers.
- The spectral properties of the Soret band were basically unchanged among the epimers or epimeric / homologous mixtures.
- Despite having the same secondary 3 1 hydroxyl group as 2R, the epimeric 3 1 isomer 2S shows a less-red-shifted absorption band than 2R.
Definition of epimer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan