Definition of epimer in English:
Each of two isomers with different configurations of atoms around one of several asymmetric carbon atoms present.
- However, it has not been unraveled why so many different BChI homologs and epimers exist in chlorosomes and how they arrange themselves to form light-harvesting antennas.
- Yet, fungi could probably utilize the glucuronic acid residue in glucuronides as a carbon source because they can metabolize galacturonic acid, an epimer of glucuronic acid.
- To our knowledge, this is the first example of two highly homologous enzymes belonging to the same gene family, and catalyzing the formation of two distinct epimers from a same substrate.
- Example sentences
- X-ray crystallographic studies revealed that the KP - 23 molecule crystallizes in epimeric form in the triclinic P1 space group and possesses four chiral centers.
- The spectral properties of the Soret band were basically unchanged among the epimers or epimeric / homologous mixtures.
- Despite having the same secondary 3 1 hydroxyl group as 2R, the epimeric 3 1 isomer 2S shows a less-red-shifted absorption band than 2R.
Definition of epimer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.