noun (plural epiphyllums)
- A cactus with flattened stems and large, fragrant red or yellow flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Epiphyllum, family Cactaceae: several species, in particular the night-flowering cactus (E. hookeri)
- The epiphyllum loves filtered sunshine and enjoys humidity.
- Epiphyllums, commonly referred to as Epis, or Orchid cacti, have tremendous blooms.
modern Latin, from epi- 'upon' + Greek phullon 'leaf'.
More definitions of epiphyllumDefinition of epiphyllum in:
- The British & World English dictionary