1.1Of or belonging to an episcopal church.
1.1 (Episcopalian) A member of the Episcopal Church.
- Perhaps most important, in many urban and rural areas where churches are struggling, Episcopalians and Lutherans will be able to have joint congregations served by a pastor or priest of either body.
- Late eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Episcopalians searched the early Church for examples to prove to Baptists that infant baptism was ancient and proper.
- This summer, Episcopalians, United Methodists and Presbyterians will take up the issue at their individual conventions.
- Example sentences
- However, I think his son converted to episcopalianism (if that can be called a ‘conversion’).
- Anglican High Churchmen referred - sometimes enviously - to the relative autonomy of non-established Scottish episcopalianism.
Words that rhyme with episcopalianalien, Australian, bacchanalian, Castalian, Deucalion, Hegelian, madrigalian, mammalian, Pygmalion, Salian, saturnalian, sesquipedalian, tatterdemalion, Thessalian, Westphalian
Definition of episcopalian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.