Definition of episcopalian in English:
1.2 (Episcopalian) Of or belonging to the Episcopal Church.
- The anti-war view is backed by the Episcopalian Church.
- I have an Episcopalian Franciscan friend, a monk who has become a priest, and who took the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
- Carroll reports on an Assemblies of God congregation that became Episcopalian and on evangelicals who became Orthodox.
nounBack to top
1An adherent of episcopacy.
1.1 (Episcopalian) A member of the Episcopal Church.
- Perhaps most important, in many urban and rural areas where churches are struggling, Episcopalians and Lutherans will be able to have joint congregations served by a pastor or priest of either body.
- Late eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Episcopalians searched the early Church for examples to prove to Baptists that infant baptism was ancient and proper.
- This summer, Episcopalians, United Methodists and Presbyterians will take up the issue at their individual conventions.
Definition of episcopalian in:
- British & World English dictionary