- Relating to or denoting the writing of letters or literary works in the form of letters: an epistolary novelMore example sentences
- In one sense it is an epistolary novel, replete with plot and characters, scenes and backdrops.
- Shklovsky's second literary book - Zoo, or Letters Not about Love - takes the form of an epistolary novel.
- Also in 2004, her infamous epistolary vampire novel, The Letters of Mina Harker, was reprinted by the University of Wisconsin Press.
mid 17th century: from French épistolaire or Latin epistolaris, from epistola (see epistle).
More definitions of epistolaryDefinition of epistolary in:
- The British & World English dictionary