noun (plural epoxies)(also epoxy resin)
An adhesive, plastic, paint, or other material made from a class of synthetic thermosetting polymers containing epoxide groups.
- They can be used on a variety of material including fiberglass, wood, plastic, epoxy, rubber, laminates, particle board, soft metal and ceramic tile.
- We use a material called epoxy to bind these girders.
- For anchoring bolts and other materials to masonry - including concrete, stone, brick, and other similar materials - epoxy is the best product.
Consisting of or denoting epoxy: epoxy cement
More example sentences
- ICL started out in 1986, with just two employees, as a specialist manufacturer of resins and paint additives, mainly focusing on polyurethane and epoxy technology.
- Three fastening processes are used in photonics assembly: epoxy bonding, eutectic soldering, and laser welding.
- The chassis and body have been made entirely of laminated carbon fibre and epoxy composite, and the reported weight is 1180 kg.
verb (epoxies, epoxying, epoxied)[with object]
Glue (something) using epoxy resin.
- The tubing was epoxied to this chamber top.
- It's not exactly an item one has lying about, so Brezny took three feet of aluminum conduit, pressed it over the end of a Remington 870 barrel and epoxied it in place.
- Okay, you've got both skis mounted with the toe units, they're epoxied and the boot-heel center marks line up perfectly with those on your skis.
Words that rhyme with epoxyboxy, doxy, foxy, moxie, poxy, proxy
Definition of epoxy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.