Definition of equality in English:
1The state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities: an organization aiming to promote racial equality
More example sentences
- We also know that the labour movement has to work very hard to ensure that same equality of access and opportunity in the union.
- Moreover, not everything is done to ensure equality of opportunity.
- All the evidence shows, that if you want to promote social mobility and equality of opportunity, you have to start early.
1.1 Mathematics A symbolic expression of the fact that two quantities are equal; an equation.
- Relationships between other values from different quantity spaces can be defined using equalities and correspondences.
- The formal algebraic manipulation of series investigated by Lagrange and Laplace in the 1770s was put in the form of operator equalities by Arbogast in 1800 in Calcul des dérivations.
- In a series of papers published over the following years Edmonds examined a whole variety of different conditions on the functions f and g which give the required equalities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan