(also equal sign)
- The symbol =.More example sentences
- This contains the plus, minus and equals signs, but not those for multiplication or division.
- And, for those of you who keep a record: he's drawn massive equals signs on the back of his hands.
- The equals sign in an equation is like a scale: both sides, left and right, must be the same in order for the scale to stay in balance and the equation to be true.
More definitions of equals signDefinition of equals sign in:
- The British & World English dictionary