adjectiveMathematics & Logic
(Of two or more things) equally likely to occur; having equal probability.
- The method remains unbiased as long as the base composition is balanced: failures are equiprobable for X Y and Y X actual changes.
- Compared to the maximum-likelihood estimator under the equiprobable population, this estimator is very efficient.
- Participants were randomly assigned by an ‘adaptive biased coin’ technique, rather than simple equiprobable randomisation, to ensure balance of group numbers.
- Example sentences
- Analyses of such a sample require weighting cases to produce the equivalent of equiprobability, which allows one to produce unbiased estimates of parameters describing the population from which the sample was drawn.
- E increases with both the number of categories (residues at a site) and their equiprobability.
- Within the selected age range, one child was selected on an equiprobability basis to generate a total screening sample of 4,500 children.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of equiprobable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.