- 1Able to become erect: erectile spinesMore example sentences
- Threespine sticklebacks are laterally compressed, fusiform shaped fish with three sharp, erectile spines at the forward part of the dorsal fin.
- Also distinguished by their long, erectile, iridescent tail feathers, which they spread at every opportunity
- Its blood-filled organ, encased in collagen, is remarkably similar in structure to the mammalian erectile penis.
mid 19th century: from French érectile, from Latin erigere 'set up' (see erect).
More definitions of erectileDefinition of erectile in:
- The British & World English dictionary