Definition of erection in English:
1The action of erecting a structure or object: fees will be levied for the erection of monuments
More example sentences
- The company has won international acclaim for their experience in the manufacture and erection of stainless steel structures and the completion of the spire is another feather in their cap.
- The erector designed and positioned the falsework to allow erection of catwalks and primary steel for the five center elements.
- In many cases erection of the structures is claimed to be about two-thirds the cost of conventional building.
1.1A building or other upright structure.
- Close before us were long erections like shop counters, but not quite so high.
- These erections - mosques, Buddhist temples and a statue of Jesus Christ - reflect the independent characteristics of different religions in their togetherness.
- Berlin is pocked with meaningful erections that make the cranes and concrete mixers look aesthetic.
Words that rhyme with erectionabjection, affection, circumspection, collection, complexion, confection, connection, convection, correction, defection, deflection, dejection, detection, direction, ejection, election, genuflection, imperfection, infection, inflection, injection, inspection, insurrection, interconnection, interjection, intersection, introspection, lection, misdirection, objection, perfection, predilection, projection, protection, refection, reflection, rejection, resurrection, retrospection, section, selection, subjection, transection, vivisection
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.