Definition of erector in English:
1A person or thing that erects something.
- Working inside the cramped attic directly above the fragile plaster ceiling, erectors assembled the trusses with bolts instead of welds because of the threat of fire.
- To erect the trusses, the steel erector used twelve 78-ft-tall shoring towers, one under each tip of each cantilever.
- Even so, with bolts and base plates at myriad angles, the steel erector had to maneuver the pieces with hydraulic rams and remove some to fit others in to fine-tune sequencing.
1.1A muscle that maintains an erect state of a part of the body or an erect posture of the body.
- That's a shame, because these exercises build an excellent foundation of mass and strength by stressing many muscles at once, especially the trapezius, spinal erectors and quadriceps.
- Continue to train abdominals and spinal erectors, as muscle at the front and back of your midsection will distract from your waist width.
- The light weight/high repetitions of an inline stride's push-off strengthen the spinal erectors (lower back muscles).
Words that rhyme with erectorbisector, collector, connector, convector, corrector, defector, deflector, detector, director, ejector, elector, hector, injector, inspector, nectar, objector, perfecter, projector, prospector, protector, rector, reflector, rejector, respecter, sector, selector, Spector, spectre (US specter), vector
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.