- A compound present in some kinds of ergot. An alkaloid, it causes constriction of blood vessels and is used in the treatment of migraine.More example sentences
- A combination of verapamil and ergotamine may be considered.
- Oral preparations combining ergotamine and caffeine are available, as are rectal suppositories.
- Of course his diuretic would probably now be furosemide and his ergotamine tartrate today might be sumatriptan.
More definitions of ergotamineDefinition of ergotamine in:
- The British & World English dictionary