A widely distributed herbaceous plant of the daisy family, which is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental.
- Genus Erigeron, family Compositae
More example sentences
- Mine flowered a little later this year but is still going strong, having outlived the penstemon and erigeron it is planted with.
- Erigeron Spindrift makes growing ordinary karvinskianus pointless!
- The steam-distilled fraction of the aerial parts of Erigeron speciosus was tested for activity against strawberry plant pathogenic fungi.
early 17th century: modern Latin, from Latin, 'groundsel' (the original sense in English), from Greek ērigerōn, from ēri 'early' + gerōn 'old man' (because the plant flowers early in the year, and some species bear gray down).
Definition of erigeron in:
- The British & World English dictionary