Definition of erroneous in English:
Wrong; incorrect: employers sometimes make erroneous assumptions
More example sentences
- Incorrect, difficult or erroneous readings must have been created over time by scribal error.
- Even if the award was somewhat low it could not in any way be said to be wholly erroneous or wrong in principle, he submits.
- There is nothing stated which is erroneous or wrong and there is no allegation that there is.
- Example sentences
- Or do you reject the new data entirely, because the fact that it contradicts the previous timeline is prima facie evidence of its erroneousness?
- He believed that prosperity could only be guaranteed if the country retained the imperial connection, and maintained that the Union had failed it because of its misapplication and not because of its inherent erroneousness.
- And please don't bother to ‘enlighten’ me of the erroneousness of it all, because I am VERY much aware of it.
Pronunciation: /eˈrōnēəsnəs/ /ēˈrōnēəsnəs/ /ēˈrōnyəsnəs/ /eˈrōnyəsnəs/noun
Words that rhyme with erroneousacrimonious, antimonious, ceremonious, euphonious, felonious, harmonious, parsimonious, Petronius, sanctimonious, Suetonius
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.