Definition of erythritol in English:
A sweet substance extracted from certain lichens and algae. It is used medicinally as a vasodilator.
- A tetrahydric alcohol; chemical formula: C4H10O4
- Using the all-natural sweetener erythritol, found in grapes and melons, the healthful beverage is the first light yogurt product to achieve reduced sugar and calories without the use of aspartame or sucralose.
- Erythritol is made by breaking down food starch into glucose.
- Erythritol has been used in Japan since 1990 in candies, chocolates, soft drinks, chewing gums, yogurts and sugar substitutes.
Late 19th century: from erythrite (earlier name for erythritol) + -ol.
Definition of erythritol in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.