noun (plural erythroniums or erythronia /-nēə/)
- A plant of a genus that includes dogtooth violet.
More example sentences
- Genus Erythronium, family Liliaceae
- Under the trees are clumps of hellebores, erythroniums, and trilliums.
- To add to your tulips and erythroniums, you may consider Fritillaria meliagris, which is a pink-and-white British native.
- ‘Pagoda’ is one of the most commonly available erythroniums.
modern Latin, from Greek (saturion) eruthronion 'red-flowered (orchid)'.
More definitions of erythroniumDefinition of erythronium in:
- The British & World English dictionary