Definition of erythropoiesis in English:
The production of red blood cells.
- In renal failure, anemia occurs in part because uremic metabolites decrease the lifespan of circulating red blood cells and reduce erythropoiesis.
- These hemorrhagic and hemolytic events would result in tissue hypoxia that would, in turn, stimulate erythropoiesis.
- Iron deficiency in hemodialysis patients is caused by blood loss during the dialysis procedure, increased erythropoiesis, and insufficient absorption of iron from the gastrointestinal tract.
- Example sentences
- A blunted erythropoietic response to physiologic stimuli has been noted in critically ill patients.
- It is therefore a more accurate indicator of erythropoietic activity.
- There are currently no recombinant erythropoietic products approved by the FDA for the treatment of anemia in these patients.
Definition of erythropoiesis in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan