- 1A rapid increase; a rise: cost escalationsMore example sentences
- Today the cost has risen to $360 per square foot - a 62 percent escalation.
- The increase on attacks against children is in line with the escalation in attacks on adults in the same period.
- Successive governments have been clueless about the continuing escalation of crime in our nation.
- 1.1An increase in the intensity or seriousness of something; an intensification: an escalation of violenceMore example sentences
- Commanders have vowed no repeat of such an escalation this time around.
- Students are encouraged to draw conclusions about the likelihood of escalation.
- He said there were many factors responsible for escalation in militancy-related violence.