- The tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy.More example sentences
- There was some fantasy, some escapism and a lot of joy in performing for my parents and my friends in school plays.
- Entertainment provides escapism, even happiness for a lot of people.
- It was sheer fantasy, sheer escapism.
- More example sentences
- The interactive nature of chat rooms makes participation more serious than simple escapist fantasy, Mileham says.
- But the important thing is to make sure they don't become escapists, mixing up reality and the imaginary world.
- Escapist entertainment does not get much better than this.