- With two campaign buses and three press buses, accompanied by motorcycle escorts and vehicles full of secret service snipers, there is an enormous sense of occasion.
- A Mexican border town in the grip of a drug war plans to tempt tourists back with free bus tours, complete with armed police escorts.
- So with 2 players in each car we were given an armed escort (one military police jeep at the front of the convoy and one at the back) straight to the hotel.
- To keep the family off his back, Rahul hires an escort to pose as his new-found fiancée.
- She hires a male escort named Nick to pose as her new fiancé and she savours the moment when she can show him off to her former one.
- In it she plays Kat, a woman who discovers that the best man at her sister's wedding is an old boyfriend and, rather than arrive without a man, hires a male escort to be her date.
- He was escorted by armed guard to and from the plane at Barcelona airport.
- They were escorted by armed guards, but so many of them escaped that only half at most actually reached the site.
- As the guards were escorting him from the station he refused to leave.
late 16th century (originally denoting a body of armed men escorting travelers): from French escorte (noun), escorter (verb), from Italian scorta, feminine past participle of scorgere 'to conduct, guide', based on Latin ex- 'out of' + corrigere 'set right' (see correct).