- Characteristic of or used in essays; discursive; informal.More example sentences
- Hoffman interrupts biographical chapters with essayistic meditations on the difficulty of living ‘between’ two languages and her struggle to achieve fluency in English.
- He opens avenues of commentary with essayistic asides on politics and history and mulls over the plot choices he makes and the nuances of the theme of shame.
- Part history, part science, part memoir, the book is a weaving, wandering thing, personal and essayistic.
More definitions of essayisticDefinition of essayistic in:
- The British & World English dictionary