- A tax levied on the net value of the estate of a deceased person before distribution to the heirs. Also called death tax.More example sentences
- He estimated that the reduction in income tax revenue was of roughly the same magnitude as the direct revenue effect of the estate tax.
- Bush's plan, once implemented, will phase out the estate tax and sharply reduce the top income tax brackets.
- The truth is that most of the accumulated wealth that is subject to the estate tax was never taxed at all as income.
More definitions of estate taxDefinition of estate tax in:
- The British & World English dictionary