Definition of ethical hacker in English:
A person who hacks into a computer network in order to test or evaluate its security, rather than with malicious or criminal intent: ethical hackers are becoming a mainstay of the effort to make corporate networks more secure
More example sentences
- Computer-security services, including vulnerability assessments by ethical hackers and other services, was a $1.8-billion (U.S.) worldwide market last year.
- A lot of the ethical hackers have pointed us to more negative testing.
- Moore's personal background is similar to that of many ethical hackers.
ethical hacking noun
- Example sentences
- The discipline of ethical hacking has grown in recent years, as more companies become concerned over the threat of criminal strikes on their computer systems.
- "However, with the threats to information and computer technology constantly evolving, it is essential that GCHQ allows candidates who may be self-taught, but have a keen interest in code breaking and ethical hacking, to enter the recruitment route too."
- Ethical hacking is normally done with the target's consent: paid security experts look for holes in the system.
Definition of ethical hacker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan