Definition of ethyl acetate in English:
A colorless, volatile liquid with a fruity smell, used as a plastics solvent and in flavorings and perfumes.
- Chemical formula: CH3COOC2H5
- The process can include methylene chloride (used widely in Europe), coffee oil, or ethyl acetate to bond the caffeine molecules to the solvent, increasing the amount extracted from the beans.
- Acetone-free polish removers contain safer fruit-derived solvents like ethyl acetate and methyl pentane.
- The ester ethyl acetate can be produced using either an organic or an inorganic acid.
Definition of ethyl acetate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.