Definition of ethylbenzene in English:
A colorless, flammable liquid hydrocarbon, used in the manufacture of styrene.
- Chemical formula: C6H5C2H5
- These conditions also minimized the production of benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and methylstyrene but increased the oil yield, which exceeded 95% by weight.
- For example, if equimolar amounts of benzene and ethylbenzene are treated with a small amount of nitric acid (a nitrating reagent) about 25 times more nitroethylbenzene is produced than nitrobenzene.
- For example, benzene and ethyl bromide can be use to make ethylbenzene.
Definition of ethylbenzene in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan