- A colorless viscous hygroscopic liquid used as an antifreeze, in the manufacture of polyesters, and in the preservation of ancient waterlogged timbers.
More example sentences
- Alternative name: ethanediol; chemical formula: CH2(OH)CH2OH
- Polyesters were first produced in England in 1941 by condensing ethylene glycol with terephthalic acid.
- Two of the coolants extensively used are ethylene glycol and propylene glycol.
- Instead, purchase animal-friendly antifreeze, which contains propylene glycol rather than ethylene glycol, the center says.
More definitions of ethylene glycolDefinition of ethylene glycol in:
- The British & World English dictionary