- A flammable toxic gas used as an intermediate and fumigant.
More example sentences
- An epoxide; chemical formula: (CH2)2O
- The process produces such key industrial chemicals as ethylene oxide, the simplest epoxide.
- For example, ethylene gas can be treated with oxygen to form ethylene oxide.
- An environmental pollutant and known mutagen and carcinogen in experimental animals and in humans, ethylene oxide is a widely used industrial chemical and sterilant of medical equipment.
More definitions of ethylene oxideDefinition of ethylene oxide in:
- The British & World English dictionary