An organism consisting of a cell or cells in which the genetic material is DNA in the form of chromosomes contained within a distinct nucleus. Eukaryotes include all living organisms other than the eubacteria and archaebacteria. Compare with prokaryote.
More example sentences
- The condensin complex plays an essential role in chromosome condensation in all eukaryotes studied so far.
- The condensin complex is essential for chromosome condensation in higher eukaryotes.
- The bouquet structure of chromosomes is usually a transitory prophase stage in other eukaryotes.
- More example sentences
- Histone proteins are essential components of nucleosomes in eukaryotic chromosomes.
- The end-point of the test reflects the typically eukaryotic chromosomes and DNA metabolizing enzymes of yeast.
- Organization of the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells depends largely on the cytoskeleton.
More definitions of eukaryoteDefinition of eukaryote in:
- The British & World English dictionary